We quote the summary of Vehicle Taxes imposed by the Govt. according to the 2018 Budget Proposal Sri Lanka for the convenience of our customers.
- By the year 2040, all vehicles in Sri Lanka will be powered by renewable energy.
- By the year 2025, all Government vehicles will be either Electric or Hybrid.
- Import tax for electric vehicles will be reduced by Rs 1 million
- Rs 2.5 million import tax on luxury vehicles
- Luxury tax on all super luxury vehicles
- Rs 50,000 tax increase on importing three-wheelers
- Youth who already own three-wheelers will be provided with an opportunity to sell them to countries such as Bangladesh.
- Importing vehicles without airbags will be prohibited in the future.